In this chapter of the Investing in… 2022 Chambers Global Practice Guide, several of our colleagues offer an analysis about the following topics related to Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in Mexico:
- Legal system and regulatory framework, covering both the legal system, and the regulatory framework FDI.
- Economic / political and business climate, including an outlook and FDI recent developments.
- Mergers and acquisitions structures, including transaction structures and regulation of domestic M&A transactions.
- Corporate governance and disclosure reporting, including corporate governance framework, and the relationship between companies and minority investors, as well as disclosure and reporting obligations.
- Capital markets, securities regulation and investment funds.
- Antitrust/Competition, including applicable regulator and process overview, criteria for review, remedies and commitments, and enforcement.
- Foreign investment / national security, covering applicable regulator and process overview, criteria for review, remedies and commitments, and enforcement.
- Tax, including taxation of business activities, withholding taxes on dividends, interest, etc., tax mitigation strategies, tax on sale or other dispositions of FDI, and anti-evasion regimes.
- Employment and labor, covering a general framework, employee compensation, and employment protection.
- Intellectual property and data protection, including IP for approval of FDI, IP protections, and data protection and privacy considerations.
If you are interested in receiving additional information regarding any of the topics covered in this article, please contact our team. We will be delighted to assist you.
To read the full article, please click here.
Luis Burgueño, Partner: +52 (55) 5258-1003 | email@example.com
Fernando Carreño, Partner: +52 (55) 5258-1042 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Fernando Moreno, Partner: +52 (55) 5258-1008 | email@example.com
Monserrat Manzano, Partner: +52 (55) 5258-1018 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Rodolfo Trampe, Partner: +52 (55) 5258-1054 | email@example.com
Patricia Kaim, Partner: +52 (55) 5258-1038 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Jorge Díaz, Counsel: +52 (55) 5258-1008 | email@example.com