On October 10, 2022, the new “Guidelines for the healthy continuity of economic activities in the face of Covid-19” were published by the New Normality Committee, composed of the Secretaries of Health, Economy, Labor and Social Welfare and the Mexican Social Security Institute.
Among the suggestions and recommendations of the Federal Government, the following stand out:
• The use of sanitizing mats is eliminated.
• The use of face masks is no longer mandatory in both open and closed spaces, as long as there is a healthy distance of at least 1.5 meters between each person, otherwise it will only be recommended.
• Employers may continue to apply tests (at the employer’s cost), but they may not be mandatory or a condition for returning to face-to-face work.
• The vaccine is not mandatory or a condition for employees to carry out their activities in the workplace.
• It is suggested to continue promoting a healthy distance in the workplace (1.5 meters between people).
• Establish a permanent cleaning and maintenance program for the workplace.
• Provide dispensers with 60% alcohol-based solutions at different points in the workplace (including entrances and common areas).
• Guarantee that restrooms have sinks and adequate conditions for cleaning.
• If possible, promote natural ventilation or, where appropriate, maintain and change the filter for the correct operation of the ventilation systems.
Likewise, the guidelines emphasize health promotion activities, recommending that employers designate a responsible committee or person to implement, monitor and supervise measures that help reduce infections, as well as provide training to employees in the actions to be taken in the workplace for the prevention of contagion.
Of course, it is important to take into consideration the applicable guidelines in each state.
To download the Guidelines click here.
If you need additional information, please contact:
Rodolfo Trampe, Partner: +52 (55) 5258-1054 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Rafael Vallejo, Partner: +52 (55) 5258-1036 | email@example.com
Adrián Castillo, Counsel: +52 (55) 5258 1036 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Alejandra Arizpe, Associate: +52 (55) 5258 1014 | email@example.com
Sarah Gibert, Associate: +52 (55) 5258 1036 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Roberto Urbina, Associate: +52 (55) 5258 1036 | email@example.com
Ana Ruiz, Associate: +52 (55) 5258 1036 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Alejandro Pérez, Associate: +52 (55) 5258 1054 | email@example.com
Ricardo Rosas, Associate: +52 (55) 5258 1054 | firstname.lastname@example.org