• Von Wobeser y Sierra is promoting experts in the Corporate/M&A, Competition, Energy & Natural Resources, Arbitration, Litigation, Anti-corruption & Compliance, Environmental, Real Estate, Bankruptcy and Restructuring, International Trade & Customs, and Tax practices in order to satisfy clients’ increasing needs in these areas.
• These promotions consolidate VWyS’ multidisciplinary, diverse, and integrated team that successfully blends a top corporate and dispute resolution offering.
Mexico City, December 2021.- Von Wobeser y Sierra, S.C. is pleased to announce new partners and counsel, as it continues to grow organically. The firm has strengthened its team with the appointment of three partners and five counsel with complementary areas of expertise, in continuance of its full-service approach to better serve its clients’ present and anticipated needs.
The new partners include Jessika Rocha, Pablo Fautsch and Ariel Garfio. Jessika Rocha is an expert in litigation, arbitration and bankruptcy with more than eighteen years of experience. Pablo Fautsch has more than fifteen years of experience in litigation, arbitration, and anti-corruption & compliance. Ariel Garfio also has more than fifteen years of experience and focuses his practice on energy and natural resources, real estate and environmental, and he is part of the firm’s ESG practice group (Environmental, Social and Governance).
The five new counsel are:
• Katharina Roehr whose practice is focused on corporate/M&A and foreign investment matters
• María de Lourdes Salazar y Vera who represents clients in international trade & customs and tax
• Jorge Díaz Carvajal who advises on tax law with a focus on international tax and controversies
• César Martínez who is focused on competition and corporate/M&A
• Javier Betancourt is an expert in corporate/M&A, real estate and structured finance
Claus von Wobeser, member of the firm’s Executive Committee, says: “We are proud of our diverse pool of world-class talent that supports the growth of our firm. Our new partners and counsel have shown extraordinary commitment to solving the most complex and challenging legal matters our clients may have, and thus contributing to their success. We wish our colleagues tremendous success in this new chapter of their professional careers at Von Wobeser y Sierra.”
VWyS team now comprises twenty-one partners, four of counsel, six counsel, and more than eighty associates. The different areas of expertise of the attorneys promoted show the firm’s commitment to offering full-service capabilities to its clients, with a team of experts focused on providing solutions.
* * *
Von Wobeser y Sierra, S.C. is a top-tier full-service Mexican law firm established in 1986, with excellence, integrity, commitment, agility, and diversity as core values. The firm has 17 practice areas, 6 industry groups and a strong and diverse team of world-class talent consisting of 21 partners, 4 of counsel, 6 counsel, more than 80 associates and interns as well as over 100 staff members. Von Wobeser y Sierra’s mission is to solve its clients’ legal matters with top quality services, prioritizing their interests and their success, through a team of experts focused on providing solutions.
For more information regarding our firm and our team, please click here.